With an emphasis on preparing you to be career-ready professionals, the Otago MBA is supported by a professional development programme. This equips you with the essential skills and necessary competitive advantage needed to succeed in the corporate world.
The professional development programme is highly comprehensive at the Otago MBA and consists of:
- A series of workshops including:
- Networking skills
- Presentation skills
- CV preparation
- Interview skills training
- Use of social media to enhance one’s professional visibility
- Toastmaster workshops on public speaking
- One-to-one personal coaching on:
- Goal setting and career direction,
- Peer feedback and cultural differences, and
- Handling the demands of the class.
- Seminars covering special topics or current affairs to enrich students’ appreciation of businesses and macroeconomic scenarios
- Guest speakers noted for their significant contribution in the industry
- Networking events with professional bodies
- Mentor programme – unique in the MBA world, students are assigned practicing business executives as mentors.
All these provide training that you will need to land your dream job, acquire the skills to be effective as professionals and to build up a business network even before stepping back to the real business world.