The Application Process
The Otago MBA's rolling admissions process means applications are considered as they are received. Once you have applied, we aim to complete the application process by the end of the following month. Our class size is small and seats are limited; applications close when seats are filled, so please submit your application early.
How to Apply
- Click on Apply Now and complete a simple online form.
- If you meet our basic entrance criteria, our admissions manager will call you within a few days to discuss the programme with you and answer any questions you may have.
- We will request and review your CV and we may then invite you to attend an interview.
- You may be invited to attend an interview, which will be through a video conference. Candidates are asked to make a presentation (maximum of 5 minutes) on a news topic of the week - it’s your choice. The presentation will then be followed by a series of interview questions and candidates will also have the opportunity to ask questions at the end of the interview.
- The interview is a two-way process; it is your opportunity to convince us that you are a suitable Otago MBA candidate, and it is our opportunity to convince you that the Otago MBA is the right choice for you.
- If your interview is successful you will be invited to join the Director of the Otago MBA, Ian Lafferty, for a meeting through a video conference.
Confirmation of an Offer
If you are successful in obtaining a place on the Otago MBA, you will receive an official conditional letter of acceptance onto the programme.
At this point you will need to apply for admission to the University of Otago, and supply further information to confirm your place. This may include a deposit, GMAT test result, English Language test results, references, original documents, and an ECE evaluation of your qualifications.
More information regarding the University of Otago admission process for domestic students can be found here: http://www.otago.ac.nz/postgraduate/
More information regarding the University of Otago admission process for international students can be found here: http://www.otago.ac.nz/international/postgraduate/index.html